Our commitment to you
This document outlines our service commitment to you, in respect of the Direct Debit Request (DDR) arrangements made between FEED THE HUNGRY 518385 and you.
It sets out your rights, our commitment to you and your responsibilities to us together with where you should go for assistance.
Initial terms of the arrangement
In terms of the Direct Debit Request arrangements made between us and signed by you, we undertake to periodically debit your nominated account for the agreed amount for donations to feed the hungry.
- The first drawing under this Direct Debit arrangement will occur on the nominated day.
- If any drawing falls due on a non-business day, it will be debited to your account on the next business day following the scheduled drawing date.
- We will give you at least 14 day’s notice in writing when changes to the initial terms of the arrangement are made. This notice will state may include the new amount, frequency, next drawing date and any other changes to the initial terms.
- If you wish to discuss any changes to the initial terms, please contact the office
Partner Services Officer
PO Box 168
Liverpool NSW 1871
02 9600 8551
Office Hours are 9am to 5pm (AEST), Monday to Friday.
Changes to the arrangement
If you want to make changes to the drawing arrangements, contact us by your preferred method: mail, e-mail or telephone at your convenience.
These changes may include:
- deferring the drawing; or
- altering the schedule; or
- stopping an individual debit; or
- suspending the DDR; or
- cancelling the DDR completely.
Direct all enquiries to us, rather than to your financial institution, and these should be made at least 14 working days prior to the next scheduled drawing date. All communication addressed to us should include your Partner/Subscriber Number to assist staff in locating your arrangement. All personal customer information held by us will be kept confidential except that information provided to our financial institution to initiate the drawing to your nominated account.
- If you believe that a drawing has been initiated incorrectly, we encourage you to take the matter up directly with us by contacting us by your preferred method: mail, e-mail or telephone at your convenience. Office Hours are 9am to 5pm AEST, Monday to Friday.
- If you do not receive a satisfactory response from us to your dispute, contact your financial institution who will respond to you with an answer to your claim:
- within 5 business days (for claims lodged within 12 months of the disputed drawing); or
- within 30 business days (for claims lodged more than 12 months after the disputed drawing)
- You will receive a refund of the drawing amount if we cannot substantiate the reason for the drawing.
- Your financial institution will ask you to contact us to resolve your disputed drawing prior to involving them.
Your commitment to us
It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- your nominated account can accept direct debits (your financial institution can confirm this); and
- that on the drawing date there is sufficient cleared funds in the nominated account; and
- that you advise us if the nominated account is transferred or closed.
If your drawing is returned or dishonoured by your financial institution, we will automatically retry in 3 business days. If this drawing also fails will contact you to seek instructions about the outstanding payment.
If we have not received any instructions will retry on the next scheduled date.
If this 3rd drawing also is returned or dishonoured, we will automatically cancel the arrangement and no further attempts to draw from your nominated account will be made.
Any transaction fees payable by us in respect of the above will be absorbed by the charity, FEED THE HUNGRY 518385.
To reduce unnecessary fees borne by the charity, Feed The Hungry, please give your best effort to making sure sufficient funds are available at the time of drawing; and give your best effort to providing up to date contact details so that we may contact you as necessary.